ABOUT MARINE CITY
We’re closer than you think!
Marine City, Michigan is located in St. Clair County, on the banks of the beautiful St. Clair River. The history of Marine City dates back to the 1800’s when it was the largest shipbuilding community on the Great Lakes. Many families were drawn to Marine City for the steady work in shipyards and on farms, as well as its picturesque location on the river. To this day, you can watch the freighters as they travel to and from the Great Lakes by way of the St. Clair River.
Many of the original architecture can be seen along South Water Street and Broadway Street, and throughout the quaint town so we encourage you to stroll while you’re here!
Home to the Titanic Exhibit, art films, fine arts and models, and special events.
The Marine City Lighthouse Park
Marine City is home to five unique Riverfront Parks, including a beach on the beautiful St. Clair River.
Along with its sister theatre, The Snug, catch a live musical, play, comedian, or children's event.
Things to Do in Marine City
- Spend the day shopping for antiques or unique gifts
- Dine at one of the many unique restaurants, including the Marine City Fish Company, The Little Bar or the one-of-a-kind Gars Bar.
- Pack a picnic and relax at one of the five Riverfront parks
- Bring the kids swimming at the Marine City Beach
- Visit The Sweet Tooth or Popcorn Paradise for a delicious treat
- Catch a live musical or play at Riverbank Theatre
- Visit the Titanic exhibit or take in a classic movie at The Mariner
- Tour one of the oldest homes in town, The Lester House
- Learn more about Marine City at The Pride and Heritage Museum
- Unwind at one of the many salons or get a massage at Tranquility Spa
- Book a room at The Heather House, Marine City’s gorgeous riverfront Bed & Breakfast